Spring is the season when gardening is the perfect way to enjoy the warm, sunny days. April and May are popular months for fairs and exhibitions dedicated to gardening and flowers.
If you have a green thumb (or if, like me, you wish you had), you should not miss these events:
- April 9-11, Fior di Città, Pisa. A gardening event in Pisa.
- April 10-11, Le Camelie del Chiostro, Calci (Pisa). A beautiful festival dedicated to beautiful camellias, popular in the Pisa area. The festival is at the Convento di Nicosia. Calci also has a fabulous Certosa, well worth visiting.
- April 11 and 18, Festival dei Narcisi, Fivizzano (Massa). A real celebration of spring with the daffodils in bloom at the beautiful Villa Pescigola.
- April 16-18, Orti e Horti, Lastra a Signa (Florence), a day dedicated to vegetable gardens.
- April 16-18, Festa delle Azalee, Borgo a Mozzano (Lucca), a festival dedicated to azaleas.
- April 24 and 25, Cetona in fiore (Cetona in bloom), Cetona (Siena). Flower exhibition and market in the 16th century square of the beautiful town of Cetona. Visits to private gardens are organized.
- April 24 – May 20, Giardino dell’Iris, Florence. The garden, created in 1957, is open to the public every day from 10 am to 12:30 pm and from 3 to 7 pm. If you love iris flowers, this garden is a must-see.
- April 30 – May 2, Country and Garden Show, Marina di Pietrasanta (Lucca). This is a popular events in Versilia, ideal for families with children.Entrance is free and the setting is beautiful: the fair is organized on the grounds of Villa La Versiliana.
Yesterday I was at the le Camelie nel Chiostro organized by Nicosia Nostra at Calci (Pisa), very nice and well organized festival, I appreciated local people love for their culture and history and traditions.
A lot of people seem appreciate that too, despite the uncomfortable weather and the cold wind blowing all day long, listeing and pointing out questions to organization rapresentative to investigate further in local history.
So well done to Silvia, Bruna and all the team working to make another landmark live longer!
Thank you for your comment Marco! I am glad to hear the bad weather didn’t ruin the party!
Hi gloria! this is a fantastic list. Did you notice that I linked to it from my post about flower events in MAY?… a little extension of your post, these are all big events in historic gardens or villas. http://www.turismo.intoscana.it/allthingstuscany/tuscanyarts/flowers-tuscany-events/
when will you have an April 2011 schedule??? Looking forward to events at the end of April 2011
Pisa in Fiore is next weekend: April 1-3.