The Opera Festival, Tuscany lyrical festival, is a very interesting project which, since 2004, has been bringing opera and various genres of music to some of the most beautiful and evocative locations in Tuscany.
Some of the events that we recommend:
- G. Verdi’s Aida – Florence, Boboli Garden (June 15, 25, July 9 and 21 at 9:15 pm).
- W. A. Mozart’s The Magic Flute – Die Zauberflote – Abbazia di San Galgano (June 27, July 18 and 25 at 9 pm).
- Paolo Poli and the Musical Tales – San Galgano Abbey (June 30 at 9 pm).
- Ballet Gala – Florence, Boboli Garden (July 1st at 9:15 pm).
- Zubin Metha. Messa da Requiem di Verdi – Florence, Boboli Garden (July 2nd at 9:15 pm).
- Rossini’s Il Barbiere di Siviglia – San Galgano Abbey (July 11th, August 1sr at 9:00 pm).
- Verdi’s Messa da Requiem – San Galgano Abbey (July 4th at 9:00 pm).
- Carmina Burana and Bolero, Florence, Boboli Garden (July 14th at 9:15 pm).
- Carmina Burana and Bolero, San Galgano Abbey (July 17th at 9:00 pm).
- Viennese Operetta Gala, Orchestra della Toscana – Florence, Boboli Garden (July 23rd at 9:15 pm).
- Finally Anbeta – San Galgano Abbey (July 28th at 9:00 pm).
- Roberto Bolle and Friends, Florence, Boboli Garden (July 29 and 30 at 9:15 pm).
Further information is available on the site of the Opera Festival, the lyrical festival of Tuscany. Tickets can be purchased online too.
Opera lovers should moreover not miss the Puccini Festival in Torre del Lago. This edition of the festival proposes:
- La Bohème – July 10th, 15th, 19th, August 1st, 14th, 21st.
- Tosca – July 11th, 17th, 26th, August 9th and 20th.
- Turandot – July 18th, 25th, 31st, August 7th and 22nd.
- Manon Lescaut – August 2nd, 8th, and 13th.
An interest event to rememer is Lirica sotto le Stelle (Lyrical music under the stars) in Pisa (Giardino Scotto). The show staged is Puccini’s La Bohème on June 20th.