If you happen to be in the Maremma area in August and you are looking to participate in some activities that are popular among the locals, you might want to take a look at the program for Festambiente, a festival organized by Legambiente in Rispescia, near Grosseto. Legambiente is a conservation group and at Festambiente, they bring together conferences on ecological issues, a market featuring green products, a restaurant serving vegetarian, low-impact dishes, an exhibit area with stalls featuring the major humanitarian associations (both international, national and local ones), a film festival and a fabulous program of concerts with some of the most popular Italian singers performing for a relatively small audience.
It’s a great opportunity to participate in a festival that is really popular among the locals, to discover live Italian music, and to contribute to support one of the organizations which does the most to preserve our territory and keep it as beautiful and green as it is.
The program of the concerts is available here. My personal favourites this year are:
- Caparezza on August 5th (tonight! My husband is taking our nephews!)
- Daniele Silvestri on August 6th (one of my favourite singers!)
- Roberto Vecchioni on August 7th (one of the most representative songwriters of the Italian music tradition – a real artist)
- Bandabardò on August 9th (fabulous Tuscan group: seeing them live is an event in itself!)
- Elisa on August 11th (one of the most beautiful voices on the Italian music scene)
- Mario Biondi on August 15th (a unique jazz singer, fabulous voice, and great performer)