Many believe that Tuscany is one of the most romantic places in the world and it certainly is a very beautiful place, ideal for a romantic holiday for two.
Being St. Valentine’s Day and all, here is a list of ideas of things to do if you choose to spend “il giorno degli innamorati”, the day of lovers, in Tuscany.
- If you are not scared of heights, and the weather is good, you could go ballooning over the Tuscan countryside. Ballooning Tuscany offers a romantic ride for two with champagne breakfast!
- Visit one of the cities on a horse-drawn carriage. You could visit Pisa and San Rossore Nature Park or Florence. Or even better, the beautiful countryside surrounding my home village.
- Spend a relaxing day at the spas: Terme di Petriolo have just reopened near our Casina di Rosa, or the luxury spa Grand Hotel di Petriolo. Near Pisa, my favourite spa is certainly Grotta Giusti, but Bagni di Pisa and Uliveto Terme are also a nice choice for guests of our Behind the Tower apartment in Pisa.
- Have dinner at a restaurant that is just for the two of you! Paperino in San Miniato, near Pisa, serves only 2 people at a time. A similar restaurant is Le Soir a Pescia.
- Take a cooking class for two and learn how to cook Italian aphrodisiac foods!
You can do all these activities on any day, not just Valentine’s Day! So I guess, yes: Tuscany is a very romantic place!