Ok, not an Italian holiday, true. But I like the idea of devoting a day to saying “thank you”. So these are the things I am thankful for (besides the obvious and most important aspects of my life: my family, friends and good health).They are not in any particular order either.
- I’m thankful for the words of all the friends who have written, re-tweeted and re-posted my words about the current situation in Italy.
- I’m thankful for the many nice guests and fellow inn-keepers that we have had the opportunity to meet over the years!
- I’m thankful for the positive words I always get from my colleagues and my students.
- I’m thankful for the sunshine we finally got today in Pisa so that I could do some laundry (I’d be thankful to have a dryer when the weather is like this… LOL).
- I’m thankful for the two pieces of pumpkin I found in the back of my fridge today when I really, really wanted some warm soup.
- I’m thankful for the day off I took today after three days of 10 hours per day away from home.
- I’m thankful for the fact that we will be able to go back to Civitella, my village, tonight and be “at home” for the weekend, in the countryside of Tuscany that is so pretty at this time of the year.
- I’m thankful for the bottle of delicious new olive oil that my parents gave us: we have had several great bruschette!
- I’m thankful for the long holiday we are going to take in December: 3 weeks in Canada at Christmas time!
- I’m thankful for the fact that I come from a small community where my entire family is based, and where I had the chance to grow up in close contact with three generations of family members. I love knowing who I am and where I come from.
And you? What are you thankful for?